Updated - changes to Freeview channel numbers this week on September 19th 2012
As an update to the original plan (see Freeview channel numbers change on September 19th 2012) - the changes to Freeview this week will now be less extensive than planned, as two channels have appealed the changes.
The main changes are shown in this diagram below. You will need to do a "first time installation" to ensure the channel numbers are correct. See My Freeview box has no EPG ... or the channel line up is wrong if you don't know what to do. Another option is the list of retune instruction leaflets and manuals on the Freeview Retune - list of manuals page.
The changes are now:
- Dave and Yesterday swap over to 12 and 19
- Really and Gold (subscription) swap over to be 17 and 20
- The Food Network moves to 48 (from 49)
- The Jewellery channel moves to 49 (from 60)
- Local TV services are reserved 8 (England and Northern Ireland) and 45 (Wales and Scotland)
- RTE1, RTE2 and TG4 are reserved 51, 52 and 53 - these start on a special "mini multiplex" for Northern Ireland on Wednesday 24th October 2012.
- Argos TV starts on 55
- Text services move to 200-224: 200 BBC Red Button; 201 Teletext Holidays; 202 Rabbit; 203 Gay Rabbit; 204 1-2-1 Dating; 205 Mail Travel; 206 Sky Text.
- MHEG services move to 225-299: 225 VISION; 226 CCTV; 227 Sports Tonight; 228 Connect 1; 229 Connect 2; 230 Connect 3; 231 Racing TV; 232 The Space.
HD channels move to 101-120 The "normal" order of channels is restored to HD: 101 BBC One HD; 102 BBC HD; 103 ITV1 HD or STV HD or UTV HD; 104 Channel 4 HD; 105 S4C Cirlun. - (Not 100% sure this is confirmed)